Smoky Mountain Historical Society Membership
More benefits are coming soon!
Membership dues for the Smoky Mountain Historical Society are only $10.00, $16.00 or $21.00 per year (depending on whether you choose the B&W or Color subscription or web only). The membership year is from January to December. Dues paid before December are credited to the current year, with new members receiving all prior issues of the Journal published for that year. Starting with the fall 2018 issue issues are available for $16.00 per year with B&W Journals and our new Full-color version for $21.00 per year or our new Associate web-only membership ($10.00). All are listed in our store.
Please Select only one membership type.
All membership plans include access to our Members Only portions of our website.
If you may join by mail or using our Web Store. Due to the cost associated with maintaining the store and associated transaction costs, membership subscriptions completed online for color and black ink Journals are $21 and $16. You may avoid this additional cost by mailing us a check.
Benefits of joining:
- Your membership is tax deductible
- Access to our In the Shadow of The Smokies Section covering the Cemeteries of the area.
- Downloadable Searchable PDF copies of all known back issues (Goldmines of information) Content is being reviewed to add to our SMHS Genealogy Tree Database.
- Access to members only Downloads
- Access to the In The Shadows Of The Smokies members-only content
- Access to our online database of Genealogy information (over 1,300,000 names searchable and get by email a 5 generation genealogy report in a downloadable PDF from current content) This is an ongoing project. As a member, you can have us show your family as part of our tree. We actively take submissions and suggested edits. We have combined four personal databases of members' personal research donated to the Society by Larry Fox and Jim Everhart, John Beckwith (by his father Bob), and Randy Phillips. Others wishing to share please contact Jim Everhart AKA firstname.lastname@example.org Over the coming months, We will be correcting any duplicates and adding new found information as we can.
Step by step video showing how to do this process. Click
on the blue link below.
Please READ and follow these steps carefully to avoid any confusion
No PayPal Account Is Required
please use PayPal Guest Checkout to use a credit card. Paypal processes your credit card payment for us. Please do not close or leave this page until you have selected the BUY NOW Button. If you do not receive a confirmation email from both us and Paypal you have not successfully completed your order. Please check your Spam or Junk Mail if you do not see your confirmation emails within a few minutes. Please call 404-822-7950 so we can help you.
Please allow 2 business days to receive your account ID and password.
You must continue until you have a Buy Now Button that you must click to complete your purchase.
You will get an email showing your order and whether it has been paid or you still owe for your purchase. Once you click on the BUY NOW button within a few minutes you will get an email from PayPal and a second email welcoming you to our Society. As soon as we get confirmation of your payment your access information we will enter your information into our site. This can take from an hour to 48 hours. At that point, you will receive a third email with your website login information and password. We cannot make this instant since some members prefer to pay by sending a check in the mail. Thanks for your patience. If you have not gotten your login confirmation and password after 48 hours please email email@example.com
If you have any problems with this process please call Jim Everhart and he will assist you with this 404-822-7950
Before you click HERE to enter our Web Store and join please read all the instructions below.
You may make payments by Check or
you will be prompted to enter this 4 digit code you get when you click the little box and then you enter the 4 digit code that is generated in the yellow box just to the right of the little box
Please note this is not the 3 digit civ number off your credit card's back side. The 4 digit number security code is generated by Our site by following the below instructions.
If you prefer to pay by check you can choose either our new Color edition ( $21.00 ) (sample to view in our "Sample Journal" tab to your left) or the B&W Edition ( $16.00 ), or the Associate Web Only Edition ($10.00 ). Your annual membership dues are tax-deductible. Once you decide between the Color or B&W or Associate versions you may either purchase through our online store or by check by mail. All three give you Web Access to our Journals. Please send the information below with your check to:
Smoky Mountain Historical Society
P.O. Box 5078
Sevierville, TN 37864-5078
Smoky Mountain Historical Society
NAME: ______________________________________________ o NEW
ADDRESS: ___________________________________________ o RENEW
CITY: __________________________ STATE: ___________ ZIP: _______________
EMAIL ADDRESS: ___________________________ PHONE: __________________
Your email and Phone number are required so we can send you your login and password to access your member benefits on our website. If you do not have either please contact our Webmaster Jim Everhart by phone at 404-822-7950
Your email address & phone number not shared without your permission.
Membership Fee o $16 Standard o $21 Color Journal Subscription o $10 Associate*
* Associate members have full website access & can read Journals online but no Journal will be mailed.
Please mail application with a check to SMHS PO Box 5078, Sevierville, TN 37864 or